Following are some of the simple tips for stress:
Emotional stress -
- Sweet and juicy foods are very beneficial for reducing stress. Eat sweet foods to bring the mind back to a balanced state.
- Drink a cup of warm milk with some rose essence and its petals in it daily before going to bed.
- Use cardamom, coriander and mint in the diet.
- Get a good head massage done with either coconut oil or with sandalwood oil.
Physical Stress -
- Take cooked apples once daily to reduce stress.
- Foods that are good in removing physical stress are coconuts, almonds, ghee, milk and almost all dairy products.
- Massage your own body with oil everyday.
- Shirodhaara therapy is very useful in reducing physical stress.
Mental Stress -
- Sweet, sour and salty foods must be taken as they help in balancing the vata dosha.
- Include milk and dairy products to a fair amount in the daily diet.
- Cook foods in a little ghee.
- Get a full body massage done.
- Get adequate sleep of at least 8 hours a day.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for stress:
- Sage (sefakus) leaves are used in treating stress. prepare tea using this leaves. boil 3-4 leaves in a glass of water. allow it to boil till one-third of the water is evaporated. drain the mixture and add jaggery or honey to it. this tea is very effective in reducing stress.
- Take a balanced diet to keep both your body and mind healthy.
- Include green leafy vegetables, fruits, salads, whole wheat grain, beans, grams, sprouts, fresh curd, etc.
- Take Vitamin A and B rich foods to fight against stress. Food items rich in Vitamin A and B are green leafy vegetables, sprouts, banana, etc.
- Minerals like calcium, potassium are also advised for person suffering from stress. Foods rich in potassium and calcium are eggs, cheese, whole wheat grain, soyabean, etc.
- Restrict your intake of junk foods, oily and over fried foods, excess intake of sugar, sweets, and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- If any thing is making you worrying or disturbing, and you know you cannot get away from it, simply divert yourself in some constructive work. Go for morning walk, do exercises and yoga and meditation.
- Maintain a daily routine and do exercise regularly.
- Sometimes it is also found that you get stressed because of someone else's behavior or activity. Despite tolerating it for long and killing yourself, it is better to discuss about the matter with that person, but in a proper way.
- If you are stressed because of your mundane routine life, it is good to go for a short vacation, leisure, etc. Pamper yourself by visiting your favorite place, take a warm bath, do activities that you like.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for stress:
- Basil (tulsi) leaves are powerful herbal remedy for treating stress as well. Chew 10-20 leaves a day. You can also prepare decoction containing basil leaves and water. Take 20-25 leaves and boil in water till the constituent become half. Drain the mixture and drink it.
- Herbs like arjuna, ashwagandha and brahmi are generally prescribed for the treatment of all types of stresses.