Following are some of the simple tips for sterility:
- Take balanced diet including green leafy vegetables, fruits, cereals, grains, whole wheat, etc. Honey, curd, cheese are also beneficial.
- Avoid junk food, oily, fatty food, coffee, tea and alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water. Take 2-3 glass of water early in the morning in empty stomach.
- Take a glass of pure milk before the lovemaking activity. This is found to be more effective in the male.
- Males or female both suffering from sterility should not take saline, sour, pungent and bitter foods. Foods that are sweet and astringent in taste are beneficial. Sweet dishes prepared in milk are the best.
- People who have sterility problems must never keep their stomachs empty for a long period of time.
- Sterile couples must not overindulge in activity. Restraint must be had, as it will improve the quality of the male sperm.
- Obesity is one of the leading causes of sterility. Hence try to lose weight.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for sterility:
- After every meal, the woman must take an areca nut (supari). This is beneficial in increasing fertility.
- Dates and raisins are very effective for curing sterility. Take 5-7 date fruits everyday. This enhances libido, strength, and makes the reproductive organs strong.
- Dried grapes enhance power and strengthen organs. Soak dry grapes in water for a night, make its fine paste. Mix this paste in a glass of milk. Take this mixture daily.
- Roots of banyan tree are very effective home remedy for the treatment of sterility. Dry banyan tree root, and grind it to fine powder. Take 15-20 gm of with 100 ml of milk. Female should take this mixture for 3-4 nights continuous after the end of monthly menstrual cycle.
- Eggs are very helpful in promoting conception in both men and women.
- Rice is better than wheat for sterile couples. Women who are not able to conceive must be given an all-rice diet.
- Ghee is the only acceptable fat for sterile couples.
- Honey is very effective in several problems of the reproductive system in both men and women.
- Nuts are very good for men who have a low sperm count. Groundnuts and almonds are best among them.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for sterility:
- Ginger is very useful remedy for the treatment of impotence. Take raw ginger or ginger extract. Take one teaspoon of ginger extract and add equal amount of honey to it. Take this mixture with boiled egg.
- Acacia is commonly used herb for the treatment of sterility. Dry and grind it into fine powder. Take this powder 1-2 teaspoon in a glass of milk and add sugar to it. Take this drink for 20 days.
- Gooseberry (amla) is also used in curing sterility. Dry amla and ginger, make it into fine powder. Take equal amount (1-2 teaspoon) of both and add 2 teaspoon of sugar. Mix this powder in a glass of milk. Take this medicine for 20 days.
- Coriander powder is also used in curing sterility. Take 2-3 teaspoon of coriander powder in a glass of water. Add 1-2 teaspoon of sugar or jaggery into it. Drink this early morning in an empty stomach, at least for a month.
- The extract of jambul fruit leaves is very effective for people suffering from sterility. Soak jambul leaves in water and prepare a solution. Mix this paste in 1-2 tablespoon of honey.
- Garlic plays an important role in the treatment of sterility. Person suffering from sterility should daily take 3-4 raw garlic seeds.
- Onion is very beneficial in treating sterility. It makes the reproductive organs strong and cures impotence.
- Winter cherry (ashwagandha) is another useful herb in the treatment of sterility. Dry this herb and make its fine powder. Mix this powder in a glass of milk. Women should take this for 6-7 nights once the monthly menstrual cycle is over.
- For women who are keeping normal health, but are still unable to conceive, this remedy is very useful to them. Mix asparagus (shatavari) powder in ghee or milk and drink it on a daily basis before retiring for the day. This is very helpful in the problems of the reproductive system and also makes it possible for the women to conceive.