Following are some of the simple tips for sinusitis:
- Include green vegetables, fruits, cereals, salads, etc in your diet.
- Eat raw garlic and onions in good amount. It will open the nasal congestion and helps in curing sinusitis.
- Eat healthy and nutritional foods to keep body and mind healthy.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses and fruit juice.
- Take ginger, cinnamon tea with little sugar and milk. This is very effective in opening nasal congestion.
- Eat fresh juicy fruits like oranges, and other Vitamin C-rich fruits. Freshly prepared orange juice or sweet grape juice both works very well in curing sinusitis.
- Do not eat junk and oily foods, chocolates, sweets, etc.
- Take water vapor; this will loosen and helps in easy discharge of mucus.
- Add a pinch of salt lukewarm water and gargle 2-3 times a day.
- Don't take milk or any kind of milk product. They will cause congestion and breathing problem.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for sinusitis:
- Ginger is an effective home remedy for the treatment of viral and nasal problems. Its extract is commonly used for curing sinusitis. Take small pieces of raw ginger and extract its juice. Take 1-2 teaspoon of this extract twice a day, until the disease s not cured completely.
- Boil a teaspoon full of mustard seeds and in a glass of water until the water content reduces to half. Allow it to cool a little. With the help of a dropper, put 3-4 drops in the nose.
- Cumin seeds are also used in curing sinusitis. Take a teaspoon of cumin seeds in a perforated cotton cloth. Inhale the cumin fragrance.
- Cinnamon seeds are very effective in curing sinusitis. Take 1-2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder; add a little amount of water to it. Apply this paste over the head and nose.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for sinusitis:
- Garlic is an effective home remedy for sinusitis. Take 4-5 garlic seeds and soak in water for some time. Make its paste and inhale its fragrance. This will loosen the mucus and will make breathing easier.
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds are also very helpful in treating sinusitis. Prepare a mixture by adding 2-3 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water. Boil till the water content reduces to half. Drain the mixture, and take in small sips. Take this mixture 2-3 times a day until the disease is not cured completely.