Following are some of the simple tips for scars:
- Include green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits in your diet. Take a good amount of protein-rich for fast healing.
- Take Vitamin E capsules. Open them and smear the powder or the oil of these capsules onto the scars. This will help the scars heal.
- Rub ice cubes onto the scars. This is an easy and effective remedy to treat the scars. The ice must be rubbed several times on the face.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for scars:
- Prepare a mixture of one tablespoon of sour cream, one tablespoon of yogurt, one tablespoon of ground oatmeal and few drops of lemon juice and blend it thoroughly. Apply this paste onto the face for 10 minutes. Then wash it off. Do this four times in a day. Use low fat sour cream if you have an oily skin. This remedy is very effective for the scar due to pimples.
- Apply honey directly on the scars and leave it overnight. This application must be done frequently so that the scar gets enough time to get healed completely.
- Apply oil of the tea tree onto the scar several times a day. The scar will vanish in a few days.
- Olive oil is also used in removing scars. This helps a lot in treating scars.
- Rub garlic clove into half and rub it on the pimples when you have them. This helps to treat the pimples without leaving a scar behind later on.
- Lemon also helps in cleaning the skin and removing any kind of scar. You can apply lemon juice directly over the effected skin, or rub lemon over the skin by cutting it in two half.
- Tomato juice extract is also good for scars treatment. Apply freshly tomato juice over the effected area, or rub tomato over the skin by cutting it in two pieces.
- Almond oil is also used for removing skin cars. Apply and gently massage the effected area with this oil.
- Fuller's earth (multani mitti) pack is an effective remedy for curing burnt skin or other old scars. Prepare a paste of multani mitti and lemon juice, by taking two teaspoon of each. Add little amount of rose water to it. You can also add water in place of water. Apply this paste over the effected area and allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes. Wash the skin using cold water. Apply this paste 1-2 times a day, till the scar is not removed completely.
- Sandalwood paste is an effective home remedy for scars and other marks on skin. Soak sandalwood in water and keep it overnight. Apply it over the effected area and allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off using cold water.
- Cucumber is also used in removing dark scars. Apply cucumber extract over the effected area and keep for 5-10 minutes and wash it off. Do this 2-3 times a day until the scar is not removed completely.
- You can also try this simple home remedy for scars. Mash ripe banana and apply over the effected skin. Allow it to dry for 5-7 minutes and then wash it off.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for scars:
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds are useful in treating scars, pimples, dryness, etc. Prepare a solution by adding 1-2 tablespoon of methi seeds in a 750-1000 ml of water. Allow it to boil for five minutes. Let the solution to cool, and wash your face and other effected areas. Do this at least once in a week even after scars and other marks are removed.
- Margosa (neem) leaves are very useful in treating various skin diseases. Scars especially due to chicken pox or pimples are easily cured by it. Apply neem leaves extract over the effected area 2-3 times a day till the scar is not removed completely.
- Aloe vera is another easy home remedy for the treatment of residual scars. Its juice is applied over the scars, which then slowly reduce and vanish. Mix aloe vera paste with the powder of vitamin E capsules. Rub it onto the scar. This must be done several times a day.
- Mint leaves are very effective home remedy for removing dark circles, acne, scars, etc. Take 10-15 pudina leaves and wash them. Take them in a perforated clean cotton cloth and extract mint leaf juice. Apply this juice extract over the effected area.