Approximately 45 miles of nerves are present in our human body. Neuralgia is related with the inflammation of the nerves. When there is a pain in the nerves due to inflammation then it is said to be the condition of neuralgia. Inflammation of the nerve may be the result of poor circulation of blood in that area. It attacks with the sharp excruciating sharp pain especially in the face area and generally near the nose, eyes, lips and ears. The nerve pain or neuralgia may be the result of tumors, inflammation, trauma, injury, infections, diabetes and also due to the intake of certain drugs. The cause of the neuralgia cannot be determined in all the cases.
We must not ignore the condition of neuralgia. It is a serious medical condition which must be diagnosed or treated by a physician in time. This condition can be treated with the help of home remedies also but prior to the application of home remedies you must take approval of the doctor.
Some of the popular and effective home remedies -
1. You can reduce the pain of neuralgia by massaging properly with the oils of peppermint or winter green. It is an effective remedy if massaging is properly done with these oils in an affected area regularly. You can also use lavender, eucalyptus, clove or rosemary oil.
2. For easing the nerve pain due to neuralgia, relaxation technique like yoga, meditations etc are very effective. These techniques must be performed regularly to achieve beneficial result.
3. Balanced diet also plays an important role in reducing the pain due to neuralgia. You must take a balanced diet especially foods rich in minerals, proteins and vitamins.
4. For the diabetic patients suffering from neuralgia, pain is controlled by controlling the blood sugar. If their blood sugar is under control the pain due to neuralgia will also subsides gradually.
5. Bath with hot water is also very effective. People suffering from nerve pain get soothing effect by taking warm baths. Considerably it helps to ease the discomfort due to nerve pain.
6. The problem of neuralgia or nerve pain can also be reduced by taking heating pads or warm compresses. This process is effective and it also serves to relieve the pain.
7. Exercise also plays an important role in reducing the nerve pain. Especially stretching exercises helps to reduce the tension of the nerve. It also eases the compression of the nerve roots.