Today many people suffer from the problem of neck pain. This pain may be due to the different factors like occupation that involves continuous leaning, a soft mattress, injuries, muscle diseases, poor posture etc. In some cases the problem of neck pain results into such a miserable condition that it is very difficult to tolerate.
Neck pain is caused due to the postural strain that is while reading or working at the computer your position is improper, heavy lifting, severe blow or fall, car accident, bone spur, nerve dysfunction, congenital problem, spondylosis, turning over while you are asleep and then waking up with a stiff neck and ruptured/degenerated cervical disc. Sometimes neck pain is also caused when there is no as such obvious cause.
Sometimes pain in neck is increased by working for longer period or by bending your neck or head in the forward direction. It may also be caused when someone falls asleep while in sitting position, frequent travels in pain and also due to poor posture with sitting-sleeping.
Some of the important sign and symptoms of neck pain -
1. Restricted range of motion that is less than normal movement of the neck.
2. There may be stiffness in the muscles of shoulder and the neck.
3. The pain in the neck may be increased while looking up or down or also by turning your head.
4. The pain in the neck may occur in certain position or it may be continuous also.
The problem of neck pain may be cured with the help of home remedies. Some of the popular home remedies -
1. One must take breaks at certain intervals if someone has to sit or stand for longer period.
2. Massaging the neck muscles is very effective as there will be increase in the blood supply. A gentle massage with herbal oil such as Rumatone Gold Oil is helpful in relieving pain and discomfort.
3. Heating is the best option to reduce the pain in the neck as it improves the blood circulation in our body. This process can be done with the help of towel, hot bottle or you can also use hot shower to heat the affected part. This will give the immediate relief to our neck.
4. Mild exercises are also very effective in reducing the pain of the neck.
5. Application of an ice pack on an affected part is also very effective in reducing the problem of pain in the neck.