Hyperglycemia is also known as high blood glucose and it is directly associated with diabetes. It is a common health problem. Hyperglycemia is caused when the level of our blood glucose rises. Basically it is based on two criteria. They are fasting hyperglycemia in which the range of blood sugar is greater than 90-130 mg/dL after fasting for at least 8 hours. Second is after meal or postprandial hyperglycemia. In these criteria the level of blood glucose remains higher than 180 mg/ dL.
Some of the important early signs of hyperglycemia -
The person suffering from hyperglycemia wants to drink a lot, pass out regularly (smell of the urine may be sweet) and lethargy. When the condition becomes worse, the sufferer feel dryness in the skin and also rapid pulse rate, deep, labored breathing, increase in drowsiness and the smell of the skin or breathe may be strongly of acetone.
In the early stage of this problem the sufferer is advised for immediate contact with the local doctor. If the condition deteriorates further then the patients are advised to visit to a proper doctor in a hospital.
Some of the important home remedies for treating hyperglycemia -
1. For the person suffering from hyperglycemia the intake of saturated fats and oils in your diet.
2. Increase the intake of fiber and fresh vegetables. 55 grams of fiber is recommended in your diet. Fresh vegetables and fiber helps to decrease the level of blood sugar may prevent certain cancer and also help in maintaining regular bowel habits.
3. You must avoid sugar. Instead of sugar take the help of artificial sweeteners like aspartame, NutraSweet or saccharin. Limitation of carbohydrate is necessary in your diet.
4. You must keep yourself well hydrated. In 24 hours drink at least two to three quarts fluid unless there are some other instructions from your doctor.
5. Intake of alcohol must be totally avoided. Alcohol in certain forms may result into very high or low level of blood sugar. If alcohol is mixed with "syrupy" drinks then it may result in to high level of blood glucose. If liquor is taken in "straight" form then it may result into low level of blood sugar. To control hyperglycemia if you are taking certain pills then intake of alcohol may result into life-threatening interaction.
6. Take special care of your feet. Keep your feet clean and dry and try to wear white cotton socks.
7. Certain ingredients like Aloe Vera, Roman Chamomile, Salt, Bergamot oil, Eyebright etc are very effective in treating hyperglycemia.
8. Herbal supplement Diabkil is very effective natural remedy for hyperglycemia. It is clinically formulated natural supplement made of powerful herbs and botanicals which are known for the beneficial effects in treating hyperglycemia.