The problem of gallstones is related with the problem of gall bladder. Usually two types of stones are found in the gall bladder. The first one is cholesterol stone and the other is pigment stone. But more than 80% of the times there is cholesterol stones in the body. The size may vary from smaller like grains to bigger like tennis ball. These stones are usually of different size. Generally women are more prone to this problem but it affects the people of all over the world.
We know that gall bladder contain bile usually made in the liver and later on stored in the gall bladder. This is required for digesting the fat which is present in our body. It contains cholesterol, bile salts, proteins, bilirium and fats.
When the bile contains excess of bile salts, bilirium and cholesterol then it results into the formation of stones.
Many causes are there for the formation of gallstones.
1. It may be caused due to the excess cholesterol in our body which may be due to the consumption of junk food and other unwanted food.
2. It may be caused due to excess estrogen which is caused mainly due to the hormonal imbalance especially in pregnancy, also by the consumption of birth control pills or by hormone replacement therapy.
3. Another reason for gall stones may be over age that is beyond 60 years.
4. Obesity is also another reason, especially in women for the formation of gallstones.
5. Gall stones are also formed due to over fasting which causes bile to become over concentrated with cholesterol.
Some of the important symptoms of gallstones -
1. There may be a feeling of nausea or vomiting.
2. People may suffer from the pain in the back.
3. The color of the skin may turn to yellow. Even the white color of the eye also changes.
4. Color of the stools changes to be clay-colored and the color of urine also changes to dark color.
5. There may be a constant pain in the upper abdomen.
Some home remedies for gallstones -
1. Intake of apple and citrus food is very effective to fight with this problem.
2. Intake of 8-10 glasses of water is also very helpful.
3. Totally avoid the junk foods.
4. Regular doing exercises are also very effective.
5. Consumption of calcium phosphates is effective.
6. Eat vegetables and also the nuts which contain unsaturated fats.
7. Avoid the intake of carbohydrates and also consume a healthy diet.