Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. The saying is true but becomes difficult to attain if the face is laden with ugly spots. Freckles are these clusters or spots of pigments known as melanin visible on the skin. They are often genetic, due to a genetic disorder, and are more visible on lighter skinned people as they are light or dark brown in colour. They can be seen especially around the face, on the cheeks and the nose as they are aggravated due to intense sunlight. They vary in size from 2mm to 4mm. and resemble the head of a pin and give an unattractive appearance.
Before buying expensive lotions and going in for costly treatments with the dermatologist it would be advisable to try out some simple and inexpensive home remedies which could reduce the freckles.
1. The best way to prevent them would be to always use a sunscreen before stepping out of the house.
2. Grate a raw potato and squeeze the juice. Apply the juice on face for 20 minutes and leave it to dry. Then wash off the face. You can see immediate results.
3. Mix a little warm honey with wheat germ which is rich in Vitamin E to form a paste. Apply this on the face for 15-20 minutes and gently wash off.
4. Lemon juice which is a natural bleacher can be mixed with sugar and applied on the affected area. Then rinse off after 20 minutes. This, if continued for a few days is sure to give excellent results.
5. Sour cream contains lactic acids. This can be applied on the face, washed and gently wiped off with a soft tissue paper followed by applying a moisturizer. The skin peels off revealing clearer skin without causing dryness.
6. Vitamin C should be included in one's diet and consumed regularly as this reduces the damage caused to the skin by ultraviolet rays of the sun, thus preventing freckles.
7. Vitamin E oil or Castor Oil can be applied on the affected area and left overnight to be rinsed off in the morning. Prolonged use of these oils is sure to reduce freckles and give that rare glow to the skin.
8. A vegetable or a fruit mask of some of the vegetables or fruits like cucumber, apricots or strawberries that are easily available in the kitchen can nourish the skin and reduce spots and freckles.
9. Take red lentils and over boil them, then form a paste by mixing them with yogurt and honey. Apply this on the face and leave for 30 minutes. This is the cheapest and the surest remedy to reduce those ugly freckles.
10. Another readily available thing at home is buttermilk which can be mixed with Oatmeal to form a paste and then to be applied on the face to be washed off later with cold water.
11. Applying the juice of fresh Aloe Vera over a period of time can lighten these spots.
There is no magic formula to remove freckles but treating them with patience will certainly give desired results.