Dry or brittle hair with split ends is often an ugly sight and a pain to look at. It can also result in dandruff and hair loss. The damage begins with heat and pollution followed by dryers, curling, straightening and blow drying and finally coloring of the hair. Hylix is a natural hair lotion made of pure herbs that are well known for their positive results in making your hairs healthy and beautiful.
However, simple precautions and home remedies can prevent dry hair and bring back the natural shine and glow.
1. One must wear a hat or use an umbrella to avoid too much exposure to the sun as this causes dry and rough hair.
2. It is advisable to let the hair dry naturally after head wash and dryers should be used only when absolutely necessary.
3. Too much of styling, followed by using sprays or chemicals damages the hair and it destroys the natural moisture in the roots of the hair.
4. Experimenting with various hair colors and dyes to keep pace with fashion can prove harmful.
5. Overuse of shampoo makes the hair dry and only shampoo recommended for 'dry hair' should be used.
6. A good conditioner should be applied on the hair after every wash.
7. A good massage after applying warm coconut oil is the ideal thing. The hair can then be covered with a warm damp towel to open the pores and then washed gently with a shampoo.
8. Take a little yogurt and mix a beaten egg to it. Also, add a little coconut oil and massage the hair well. Rinse the hair with lemon juice before finally rinsing it with water.
9. Mix one ripe crushed banana, a little yogurt and honey and apply on the hair gently massaging them. Cover the head with a warm damp towel for 30 minutes and rinse the hair well. An immediate luster can be seen on the hair with this home remedy.
10. Heat a little mayonnaise and apply on hair. Leave for 20 minutes before rinsing.
11. Mix pulp of a ripe avocado with a ripe banana and massage well into the hair, and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse the hair and see the glow.
12. Beer works magic for this problem. Shampoo smoothly, with a shampoo meant for dry hair, and then give a last rinse with beer. The odor will disappear in 15 minutes leaving you with your hair bouncing to and fro!
13. Wear a rubber cap before going into the pool for swimming as the chlorine in the water can damage the hair. In the absence of a cap, apply olive oil on the hair. Also remember to apply a lot of conditioner after washing the hair.
14. Hair should be trimmed at regular intervals to prevent split ends which do not allow the hair to grow normally.
15. Drinking a lot of water provides the hair and body with sufficient moisture.
16. It is important to have a well balanced diet for healthy hair. Raw fruits, vegetables, fish, milk products and honey are good.
And of course, we have all seen our grandmothers just apply amla, coconut or olive oil and leave it overnight and have envious hair.