Aging is often welcomed by people because it is a sign of wisdom, but not when it comes with an unattractive appearance. Since there is no such thing as reversing the clock, it is advisable to follow a few tips and home remedies and age gracefully without revealing your actual age. The home remedies are simple, time-saving and economical, and some of them have been passed on to us from our grandmothers and to them from theirs. So there is no need to buy the branded and expensive creams and lotions from the market for that younger looking skin.
1. Eyes are one area where dark circles are formed and begin to show signs of aging. Natural bee's honey can be applied to this area and then washed off after 20 minutes.
2. Lemon juice when applied over the face and hands reduces all blemishes thus clearing the skin to give a radiant glow.
3. Coconut oil too lightens the scars and helps to smoothen the skin.
4. Applying coconut milk is another effective means of keeping the radiant and glowing.
5. A simple way to reduce creases on the skin would be to apply castor oil and leave it overnight. Then rinse it with warm water in the morning.
6. Potato is not just delicious to eat; it also helps the skin glow. Applying the juice of raw potato over the face helps in reducing the scars and leaves a clear complexion.
7. Mix equal quantities of glycerin, rose water and lemon juice and store in an airtight bottle. Apply this mixture and leave overnight. It is known to be the best remedy not just for a glowing skin, but also to prevent dryness of the skin in winter. Applying this on cracked heels, as it repairs them in a few days.
8. Avocado oil is excellent for anti aging. Pulp of grated raw avocado or slices of avocado when applied on the face leave a relaxed and rejuvenated skin.
9. Drinking sufficient water prevents the skin from drying and sagging thus keeping the skin smooth.
10. Rub the core of a fresh pineapple on the face and leave if for about 15 minutes before washing. This reduces the fine lines of wrinkles.
11. Mix primrose oil, sandalwood oil, rosewood oil and jasmine, and apply it to reduce wrinkles.
12. A paste of turmeric and sugarcane juice can be applied on the face to reduce fine lines and slow down the process of aging.
13. The most important thing is to take a balanced diet regularly as this prevents aging and heals the tissues of the skin automatically and leaves a healthy looking skin. Foods like berries, avocado, green tea, red wine, watermelons, garlic and ginger help in anti aging.
14. The easiest and most inexpensive way to prevent signs of ageing would be to avoid the sun which is the main culprit behind those lines around the eyes.
Not forgetting the role of exercise in or lives, one can choose yoga, dancing or simply brisk walking for as little as 25-30 minutes everyday.