Following are some of the simple tips for prickly heat:
- Avoid excess intake of alcohol, smoking, unhealthy and stressful life style.
- Apply some herbal ointments and lotions such as aloe vera lotions that help in soothing the affected skin.
- Avoid junk food and untimely food eating habit.
- Do not eat foods that may lead to acidity and food poisoning.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for prickly heat:
- Oatmeal powder is a useful home treatment for getting relief from prickly heat. Add little amount of oatmeal powder in a bath tub and stir it well. Take a dip in the bath tub, this will give fast relief from inflammation and soothes the skin.
- You can also try this simple home remedy to get relief from inflammation and prickly heat. Take cotton cloth or sponge and soak in cold water. Keep it over the affected area until all the water is not absorbed away. Do this 2-3 times a day.
- Ice cubes are another easy home remedy for treating prickly heat caused due to hot and humid temperature. Rub small ice cubes over the red bulges. The cool ice cubes will reduce the inflammation and will also puncture the red swellings.
- Apply gram flour (besan) paste over the infected area. Cover the red bulges with this paste and allow it to dry. Wash it off with cold water. This will help in removing all the dead skins and relieves from inflammation.
- Dry the barks of banyan tree and grind it into find powder. Apply it over the infected area. This also gives fast relief from prickly heat.
- You can also apply an herbal or non-perfumed talcum powder after bath. This will help in absorbing extra moisture from the body and protect from prickly heat. Repeat this process 4-5 times a day.
- Fuller's earth (multani mitti) is useful home remedy for prickly heat. Make multani mitti pack by adding 4-5 tablespoon of it with 2-3 tablespoon of rose water and plain water to make a thick paste. Apply it over the back, and other affected area. Allow it to dry and then wash it off using cold water.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for prickly heat:
- Take 20-25 margosa (neem) leaves and make its paste using water. Apply it over the affected area and allow it to dry. Then wash it with cold water. It gives fast relief from prickly heat.
- Sandalwood paste is another commonly used remedy for prickly heat. Take equal amount (1-2 tablespoon) of coriander and sandalwood powder. Add 2-3 tablespoon of rose water and prepare a paste. Apply this paste over the infected area and allow it to dry. Wash it with cold water. This gives relief from prickly heat.