Following are some of the simple tips for peptic ulcer:
- Patient suffering from peptic ulcer should never eat junk foods, oily and unhealthy foods. Drink plenty of water, milk, etc., they will keep the body temperature low and also controls acidity. However, do not add sugar to the milk.
- Eat easy to digest meals and keep a fixed schedule of meal times.
- Do not eat spicy foods, sour foods and hot foods that may irritate your stomach.
- Old basmati rice is advised for patient suffering with peptic ulcers.
- Eat fruits such as oranges, raspberries, plums and melons.
- Include vegetables, broccoli, asparagus, lettuce and alfalfa sprouts in your diet.
- Live a stress free life and follow a healthy food habit.
- Take balanced diet rich in food and vegetables.
- Go for morning and evening walk and do mild exercises, and yoga and meditations. Never eat in hurry, chew your food properly, eat small meals 3-4 times a day, all this will help in digestion of food and prevent acidity and other diseases.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for peptic ulcer:
- Add one teaspoon of aniseed in a cupful of water and boil it. When it reaches boiling point, shut the flame and keep it covered for the night. In the morning, filter the mixture and take it with honey. This is very effective home remedy for reducing gas problems and indigestion related with peptic ulcers.
- Banana is very beneficial in treating peptic ulcer. It helps in lowering the acidic substance inside the body. Take 2-3 banana mixed in a glass of milk for 4-5 times a day.
- Wood apple (bael) is another useful fruit in treating peptic ulcer. Take few bael leaves and keep it into water overnight. Drain the mixture and take this 2-3 times a day.
- Patient suffering from peptic ulcer should also take lemon extract or juice. Prepare fresh lemon juice and add little amount of salt to it. This drink helps in digestion and hence helps in treating peptic ulcers.
- Cut some fresh Indian gooseberry (amalaki) and remove their seeds. Dry them by heating on an open iron pan. Use a low fire so that black soot is formed and it turn into black colored charcoal. Crush it into a powder form. Mix this powder with some sugar and psyllium husk. Preserve this mixture in a glass jar. This mixture must be taken one teaspoon thrice a day. It reduces the acid content of the stomach and helps heal the ulcer. It is also a laxative to flush out the toxic wastes from the stomach.
- Cabbage is also useful for treating peptic ulcer. Cut cabbage into small pieces, allow the vegetable to boil in water till the constituent become half. Drain the mixture and take this 2-3 time a day. You can also add little amount of black pepper powder to it.
- Put 2-3 tablespoon of fenugreek (methi) seeds and in a glass of water and boil it. Add little amount of salt to it. Allow the mixture to boil till it become half of its constituent. Take this mixture 2-3 times a day, until the ulcer is not cured completely.
- Drumstick leaves are another common home remedy for the treatment of peptic ulcer. Make the paste of 15-20 leaves of drumstick. Mix this paste in fresh curd. Take this 2-3 times a day.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for peptic ulcer:
- Black nightshade is very effective in treatment of peptic ulcers. Give the raw juice of its leaves either separately or in conjunction with other beneficial juices to the patient suffering from peptic ulcer.
- Liquorice is also useful in the treatment of stomach ulcers. It soothes the irritation of the inner lining of the stomach caused due to excessive acids. Liquorice root is taken, dried and then soaked overnight in water. This is taken in an infusion with rice gruel.