Hair loss is a common feature of life which very often creates anxiety and concern both in men and women. Generally men are worst sufferers of this condition that leads to alopecia. For women, if hair loss continues for a prolonged period, half of the beauty is robbed off. Losing 30-40 hairs daily on an average is normal, but when this becomes uncontrolled concerns crop up. Proper maintenance is also required to maintain the health and the luster of the crowning glory along with other beautification processes.
Hair is mostly made up of a special kind of protein called Keratin, which is a layer of dead cells produced by a group of cells of papilla. Papilla is the soft under growth of the follicles, which are the roots of the hair. Constant rebuilding and elimination of the keratin takes place and these dead cell layers need to be nourished and hydrated properly to sustain their growth and longevity.
1. Cluster of hairs coming out in large amounts while combing, brushing or after bathing.
2. Gradual appearance of bald patches along with the receding hairline.
Various underlying factors aggravate the hair loss are -
1. Deficiency of folic acid and Iron
2. Suffering from illness
3. Thyroid problems
4. Prolonged medication
5. Leading a stressful life
Simple natural cures give good results both in preventing and treating hair loss. Since prevention is always better than cure, some preventive measures must also be followed regularly for the healthy and shiny hair.
1. Daily intake of a protein rich diet constituting of leafy greens, carrots, cereals, sprouts, lentils and dairy products like yoghurt, milk and curd helps in reducing this problem.
2. Drinking enough water and having sufficient rest and sleep are beneficial in reducing hair loss.
3. Regular massaging of the scalp with aromatic herbal oils, Aloe Vera or coconut oil improves the blood circulation, hence lowering the problem.
4. Rinsing the hair with apple cider vinegar and Sage tea helps in its growth.
5. Application of a mixture of lettuce and spinach juice on the scalp is helpful in treating this problem.
6. Applying a pack made of amla powder and one egg on the scalp once in a week gives good results. It is an effective natural cure for hair loss.
7. A mixture of 1 cup of mustard oil with 4 tablespoon henna is boiled, strained and bottled. Application of this mixture on the scalp regularly helps in treating hair loss.
8. It is advisable not to use too hot water in washing the scalp and always opting for a mild shampoo to prevent this situation.