Following are some of the simple tips for nasal congestion:
- Patient should take warm water bath to make the body warm and have easy relief from the congestion.
- Do not take high calorie food, excess sugar or salt, etc.
- It is advised for the person suffering from nasal congestion to take hot sips of tea, coffee, milk, etc. They help in loosening of the mucus.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for nasal congestion:
- Black pepper is an easy home remedy for treating nasal congestion. Taking 3-4 baked black pepper seeds in the morning, or inhaling fumes by burning them on fire gives fast relief.
- Garlic and tomato soup is very beneficial in curing nasal congestion. Take 2-3 tomatoes boil in a cup of water; add a teaspoon of garlic paste, butter and black pepper powder. Add salt for tasty. Take this soup 2-3 times a day. It tastes good and is very helpful in getting relief from congestion.
- Grate horseradish and take 1-2 teaspoon of it. Add a teaspoon of apple vinegar or honey. Take this mixture slowly on your tongue, and take long breathe. The aroma of this mixture will loosen the congestion and gives fast relief.
- You can also use apple extract vinegar fume for inhaling purpose. It helps in curing nasal congestion. Take 2-3 tablespoon of this vinegar in a pan and heat it until the entire vinegar is exhausted. Inhale the fumes produced at that time.
- Boil a glass of water and add a pinch of salt to it. Fill it in a clean bacteria-free bottle. Allow it to warm and then with the help of a dropper put 2-3 drops in each nostril by keeping your face upward, facing the sky. This salt solution actually helps in loosening the mucus and other sticky material. Once the solution soaks the nostril and throat, exhale and clean your nose.
- Patients especially children suffering from nasal congestion are told to breath in smoke produced by burning 4-5 cardamom seeds on hot coal.
- You can also try this home remedy for nasal congestion. Add one teaspoon of baking soda into the salt solution. This too helps in loosening the congestion inside the nose.
- Similarly, you can also use grapefruit juice. Mix grapefruit juice in lukewarm water and use it as an inhaler. This is very effective in treating sinus and nasal congestion. Take this while going to bed or early in the morning.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for nasal congestion:
- You can also try homemade inhalers to get relief from nasal congestion. Put 1-2 drops of peppermint oil on a cotton cloth or cotton ball. Bring it near your nose and inhale, the very essence of peppermint will help relief from sinus, mucus and hence nasal congestion.
- Carom (ajwain) seeds are very simple and useful home remedy for nasal congestion. Take few carom seeds, make its powder or simply put them in a small cotton cloth and keep near your pillow cover.