Following are some of the simple tips to prevent miscarriages:
- Avoid foods that can aggravate the pitta. This will lead to an improper digestion, leading to constipation. Prevent constipation during pregnancy.
- Foods that increase the heat of the body must be avoided. Sharks are the leading foods in this category. Other sea foods like prawns, lobsters, crabs, shellfish, etc. must also be avoided.
- Papaya is extremely harmful for the growing fetus. It must be avoided. Similarly pineapple should also be avoided during pregnancy.
- Fruits such as watermelons, oranges, apples, etc. are good. But it must be remembered not to have any one type of food in excess during a pregnancy.
- Eating outside must be avoided as far as possible. When going out for a while, the pregnant woman must carry her own homemade lunchbox. Even water must be boiled and then consumed.
- Good amount of rest is required for healthy living and preventing miscarriage.
- Live stress free life to avoid miscarriage. Stress is very harmful for you as well as your baby.
- Incase of abnormal bleeding consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid smoking, refined sugar, coffee, and alcohol as they hampers blood vessels and hormones necessary for fertility. They increase chances of miscarriage.
- Maintain a good healthy life and good health by doing yoga.
- Eat pulses, fish, sprouts, almonds, milk products with less fat content.
- Avoid stressful exercises especially those that strain the groin area, such as lifting heavy weights. This could physically damage the fetus.
Following are some of the effective home remedies to prevent miscarriages:
- A spoonful of fresh juice of vitamin C mixed with honey should also be given to the pregnant women every morning.
- To lower the heat in the groin area, a towel must be dipped in cold water and compressed on the area. This must be done once a day.
- Prepare a decoction of black gram in water. This will reduce the fear of a miscarriage.
- Do not give antibiotics to the pregnant women at all. This includes aspirin. Antibiotics can increase the heat of the body, which could be very harmful to the developing fetus. If there is some problem like headache, cold or fever, then natural remedies must be adopted instead of using antibiotics.
- Ginger tea is very effective in sickness, vomiting tendency during pregnancy and cause no harm in pregnancy, and does not lead to miscarriage or any kind of problem in delivery.
- Wild yam prevents uterus infections and helpful in secretion of hormones in the ovary encouraging pregnancy.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies to prevent miscarriages:
- Tea made from squaw herb is very beneficial during pregnancy. It forbids miscarriage and keeps away the uterine infections.
- Tea made from raspberry leaves are rich in iron, helps in preventing miscarriage, infection caused in uterine, hemorrhage, and tone up tissues in pelvic region.
- Boil one teaspoon of false unicorn herb in a half glass of water for five minutes then cool it and drink. This is an effective herbal remedy for preventing miscarriage. You can take this under the supervision of doctors. It is also effective in infertility, labor pain, and weakness.
- Herb known as cramp bark helps in forbidding muscular contraction, disallowing miscarriage caused because of various reasons like tension, unpleasant emotions.
- The asparagus (shatavari) is an effective herb in treating common problems related to the female reproductive system. This herb can treat infertility and miscarriages.
- Take small amount of asafoetida and dissolve it in water. This must be taken once daily during the months of pregnancy. If a woman has a miscarriage before, then this asafoetida water must be certainly given in that particular month. This is considered to be a very effective precaution against miscarriage.