Following are some of the simple tips for liver care:
- Do not take tea and other beverages in order to maintain healthy liver. This is necessary for liver care.
- Do yoga and breathing exercises everyday to keeps the liver and other body organs healthy from inside and outside. Pranayam, kapalbharti, bhadrika and anulom vilom are very helpful in keeping your whole system and liver healthy.
- Drink plenty of fresh and clean water. Water keeps the body system clean and healthy.
- Say a strict no to alcohol as it badly impacts liver.
- For liver problem, detoxification of the liver is necessary. This is done by fasting for a day. After that, food that is easy to digest must be taken. Bitter vegetables such as bitter gourd and bitter drumstick must be given.
- Goat's or cow's milk should be taken instead of buffalo's milk. Similarly buttermilk should be taken instead of curds.
- Garlic must be included in the diet of patient suffering from liver problems.
- Do not take excess sugar and salt in your diet as they are harmful for the body. This is also useful for liver care.
- Take small meals as they are easily digested and create less trouble for liver functioning. Do not eat deep fried refined flour products as they harm your liver and its functioning.
- Include protein rich foods like eggs, pulses and fish in your diet for maintaining healthy liver.
- Avoid fatty and oily foods as they are unhealthy for you and your liver.
- Green vegetables and fruits like cucumber, carrots, spinach and papaya are very useful for those suffering with liver problems.
- Include vegetables like cabbage, sprouts, mushroom, tomatoes, beans, beet and bitter gourd. These vegetables help in detoxifying the whole system and are very healthy for protecting liver disease.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for liver problems:
- Take the juice of two raw oranges once a day for up to a week. This is very easy home remedy for liver problems.
- Add a little salt and some roasted cumin seeds to a glass of buttermilk. Drink this early in the morning. This will keep your liver healthy and protects it from disorders.
- Make papaya seeds extract and mix a teaspoonful of lime juice in it. Take this juice once a day.
- Prepare a mixture of carrot and spinach juice in the ratio of 1:1. This is very beneficial for liver cirrhosis. Take a glass of this juice everyday for at least three-four weeks.
- Prepare a mixture of honey and bhringaraj. This is very beneficial in treating liver cirrhosis. Add two teaspoons of juice of bhringaraj and two teaspoon of honey. This should be taken two times in a day (half in the morning and half in the evening).
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for liver diseases:
- Licorice is very effective home remedy for liver diseases and provides a good liver care.
- Jaundice berry is also beneficial for the treatment of jaundice. It is a bitter herbal tonic made from the bark of the jaundice berry tree. It is taken in amounts of quarter teaspoon when jaundice strikes.
- Chicory is another useful herb for the treatment of liver problems. Almost all parts (flowers, seeds and roots) of this herb are used in the treatment. The juice of the chicory plant promotes the secretion of the bile. Hence it is used in treating liver problems like bilary stasis, sluggishness of the liver, bile obstruction, jaundice and enlargement of the spleen.
- Roots of dandelion provide a good liver care. Boil small amount of dandelion root in a glass of water for 10 minutes. It stimulates the liver and the gall bladder for the proper utilization of fats within the body. It also helps in the detoxification of the liver.
- Gokulakanta is used for the treatment of several liver problems including jaundice, hepatitis and derangement of the liver. Its root is prescribed in such conditions. Prepare a decoction of 60 grams root powder mixed in half a liter of water and boiled for about half an hour. Take about of 30 to 60 milliliters of it twice or thrice daily.
- Milk thistles keep the toxic material away and help in new cells formation in the liver in place of damaged liver cells.
- Turmeric and guduchi are other important herbs which are beneficial in liver care.
- The Indian aloe is also commonly used in liver care. It stimulates the liver into carrying out its functions normally. It is used in the treatment of jaundice and enlargement of the liver.
- Another useful herb used in the treatment of jaundice is Indian sorrel. It is taken in the form of fresh juice mixed with buttermilk made from cow's milk. It is to be taken once daily during jaundice.