Following are some of the simple tips for kidney stones:
- Drink plenty of water. This in fact is the best way to keep kidney stones under control. Fruit juice is also good for those suffering with kidney stones.
- Do not take excess milk or milk products, as these are rich in protein.
- Coconut water is helpful in passing off small stones through urine. Coconut water also keeps the body cool, reduces the toxic substance found inside the body.
- Include green leafy vegetable, whole grain wheat in your diet.
- Avoid some vegetables like cauliflower, peas, carrots, etc., and fruits like strawberries, parsley.
- Avoid oily, fried and protein rich food.
- Do not eat anything which cause acidity.
- Say a strict no to alcohol, pickles, chocolates and pastries.
- Take proper rest and 7-8 hour sleep is a must for patient suffering with kidney stones.
- Regularly go for morning walk, mild exercise and yoga. There are some yoga asanas like pavana mukta asana that are quite effective for kidney stones patients.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for kidney stones:
- Pomegranate (anar) is commonly used home remedy for kidney stones. Take its juice or grind its seed into fine paste. Cook horse gram (kulthi) in water and mix 1-2 tablespoon of this paste to it. Drink this mixture 2-3 times a day.
- Drink one glass of fresh tomato juice the first thing in the morning. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to this.
- Radish and lady fingers are very beneficial in treating kidney stones. Take radish extract 3-4 times a day. For lady fingers extract, cut 3-4 raw lady fingers into small pieces and soak it in a bowl of water. After keeping it overnight, press the lady fingers and take out all its extract. Drain the mixture and drink it 2-3 times a day.
- Fruits like apple, watermelon and figs are highly beneficial for kidney stones. Eat 3-4 apples every day. Similarly, raw watermelon or watermelon extract is also very good for health. Take figs extract by boiling 2-3 figs in a glass of water. Take this in an empty stomach. Continue this for 1-2 months.
- Vitamin A is good for treating kidney stones. It helps in strengthening the urinary system and thus prevents the formation of stones inside the body. It also controls the growth of protein within the body.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for kidney stones:
- Basil is also used in curing kidney stones. Take 4-5 basil leaves, extract its juice and mix in a tablespoon of honey. Take this mixture every morning for 4-6 months. This is natural and effective home remedy for kidney stones.
- Onion extract is another effective remedy for kidney stones. Take 2-3 small onions and boil it in a glass of water for 10-15 minutes. Drain the mixture and allow it to cool, add little sugar and salt to it. Take this mixture 2-3 times a day.