Following are some of the simple tips for itching:
- Take balanced diet rich in nutrient. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and avoid junk or oily and spicy food.
- Include fresh fruits in your diet. Vitamin B and E are very effective in controlling the itching tendency.
- There are several herbs like chickweed that helps in treating itching. This herb can be soaked in water and once the herbs become soft, scrub the skin with it.
- Take bath in lukewarm water and not hot water. You should keep your body clean and always use medicated soap.
- If you have dry skin, use good quality moisturizer immediately after the bath.
- Wear clothes according to your skin type and it should be well fitted or little loose, but should not be very tight.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for itching:
- Take about 25 grams of babul and mango barks each and boil them in one liter of water. Allow a fomentation of these vapors directly onto the affected part of the skin. When the fomentation is done, dab the region with ghee. The itchiness will slowly disappear.
- Mix linseed oil in equal parts of lemon juice. Apply this on the region where itching is severe. This home treatment is very easy and works for treating almost all types of itching.
- Mix the juice of a fresh coconut and a tomato. Massage this on the itchy region. It is very effective home remedy for itching.
- You can also try this simple home remedy for itching. Apply the juices of the root of bitter gourd (karela) on the affected skin to get relief from itchiness.
- Lemon juice is also used in the treatment of itching. Take equal amount (1-2 tablespoon) of lemon extract, aloe vera and oils rich in Vitamin E. Apply this oil mixture around the infected area. This will sooth the skin and relieve from itching.
- Add grain or cornstarch in the water before bathing. This is very helpful in getting relief from itchiness.
- You can also add 2-3 drops of peppermint oil in the bath tub. Taking bath in this water gives soothing effect and relieves from pain.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for itching:
- The bark of the babul is commonly used in controlling skin problems. It is very beneficial in the treatment of itching caused due to eczema.
- Cassia leaves are another useful herbal remedy for treating all kinds of irritations of the skin. In case of severe itches from ringworm, its juice or paste is applied as a dressing on the affected part.
- Holy basil leaves are very helpful in treating itchiness due to ringworm.
- Linseed is another easy home remedy for itching. A hot poultice of its seeds is applied on the affected part.
- The seeds of the butea are used in controlling itching caused due to skin diseases such as ringworm, scabies and eczema. It can also cure boils, pimples and swellings that itch. These seeds are ground and mixed with lemon juice and used as an external application on the affected part.