Losing hair in considerable amounts can cause much agony and stress in the minds of the sufferer. Not being an uncommon feature, very often men face the most disastrous outcome of hair loss with the formation of bald patches or turning bald completely. For women, it is a prized possession and any treatment or measure that may help in preserving their crowning glory is aptly adopted by them. It is very much true that well grown shiny hair is praised everywhere starting from the domestic enclosures to the glamorized fashion ramps as it is inseparable from the feminine beauty.
Hair grows from follicles which are scattered over our scalp as small pockets. A soft undergrowth papilla is constituted of special cells that produce a protein substance called keratin from the amino acids. This keratin is a collection of dead cells that constitutes about eighty percent of the hair strands. So, proper nutrition and hydration are necessary to preserve these keratin layers to prevent them from crumbling down.
If a person lose 50-100 hair per day through combing, brushing and bathing it is quite normal, exceeding which characterizes hair loss.
Few vital causes can be summarized as -
1. Deficiency of vitamins and nutrients
2. Genetic factors
3. Hormonal changes due to menopause or child birth
4. Unclean scalp
6. Serious illness
7. Certain drugs and medications
Herbal treatments have proved to be far effective than the chemical stuffed shampoos and hair lotions that very often ends up in damaging the scalp.
1. Applying coconut oil mixed with raw amla juice helps in the healthy growth of hair and prevents its loss.
2. Almond oil massage on the scalp also gives good results.
3. Fresh juice of spinach is also beneficial in treating this problem.
4. Applying Neem paste on the scalp helps in fighting any infections and lice.
5. Massaging the hair with coconut milk or warm mustard oil with henna improves the blood circulation and aids in its growth.
6. Using a mixture of amla, shikakai and curd is beneficial as it acts as a good conditioner.
7. Grounded fenugreek seeds mixed with water if applied regularly and kept for half an hour helps in removing dandruff and prevents hair loss.
8. Regular massaging with aromatic oils like Rosemary and Titri helps in reducing this problem.
9. Application of henna pack or egg and honey pack frequently helps in reducing the hair loss problem.