Nausea is related with the uncomfortable feeling on the whole. It always results into a condition which is referred to "emesis" or "throwing up". At times in this condition of nausea vomiting is considered to be good although it is unpleasant. During the process of vomiting the toxic substance from the body is get rid away.
Nausea is usually caused by the spoilt food which contains bacteria and germs. It is also caused during the process of medication or chemotherapy which is used for the treatment of cancer. The other cause of nausea may be the illness like flu. Sometimes excess intake of alcohol, motion sickness, anxiety, stress, pregnancy, over indulgence in rich food etc may be the reason to cause nausea.
Nausea can be treated with the help of herbal remedies also. Some of the popular home remedies to treat nausea -
1. Ginger is an effective remedy for treating nausea. It can be taken in the form of capsule or tea. Intake of ginger in any form aid to the process of digestion tones the muscles of digestive tract and soothes the irritated linings as ginger has volatile oils. Ginger is also having the qualities to stimulate liver which help in the production of bile that is very helpful in fat digestion. If you want to avoid motion sickness then take first dose of ginger 3-4 hours before travel.
2. Peppermint tea or oil is also helpful in easing spasms of digestive tract and it is very helpful in easing the problem of nausea which occurs due to intestinal cramping. During pregnancy peppermint tea is a better choice rather than going for peppermint oil.
3. Another remedy for nausea is golden seal if nausea is not caused due to pregnancy. It may be taken in the form of tea or pill. This herb enhances the process of digestion as well as soothes liver and stomach.
4. Aloe vera juice also helps in reducing the stomach ache which accompanies nausea, especially in children. One table spoon of aloe vera juice must be diluted in 6 ounces of water and it must be given three times a day.
5. If the child is suffering from nausea then chamomile tea is also very effective. One dose of this tea must be given twice a day and in between the meals.
6. It is also advisable to drink fluids as much as you can to prevent dehydration but don’t drink caffeinated beverages.
Below are the herbs that are found effective in the treatment:
Curry Leaves - Fresh juice of curry leaves, with lime juice and sugar, is an effective herbal remedy for treating morning sickness, nausea and vomiting due to indigestion and excessive use of fats. more...
Below are the natural remedies that are found useful in the treatment:
- It is advisable to avoid all kinds of foods if there is vomiting or nausea and retching.
- Those who tend to vomit after every meal should try hot and cold applications on the abdomen half an hour before meals.
- Sucking pieces of ice may help may help in reducing nausea and retching.