The causes of high blood pressure include kidney disease, disorders of the endocrine glands and malfunctioning or disorders of the arteries. While high blood pressure runs its natural course, it usually causes death in the end as a result of heart failure.
Below are the herbs that are found effective in the treatment of high blood pressure:
Alfalfa - It is an effective herbal remedy for high blood pressure. It contains all the elements necessary for the softening of hardened arteries, which characterize high blood pressure. more...
Bloodwort - It is useful in treating high blood pressure. It encourages blood flow to the skin which helps lower blood pressure. more...
Garlic - It is one of the most effective herbal remedies for lowering blood pressure. It slows the pulse and modifies the heart rhythm, besides relieving symptoms of dizziness and shortness of breath. more...
Jaundice Berry - It is another valuable herb in the treatment of high blood pressure. Research has shown that it dilates the arteries thereby lowering blood pressure. more...
Parsley - It helps to maintain the blood vessels, particularly the capillaries and arterial system, in a healthy condition, it is thus very useful in high blood pressure. more...
Rauwolfia - It is one of the best herbal remedies for high blood pressure. Half a teaspoon of its powder taken thrice a day is effective in relieving hypertension. more...
Below are the natural remedies that are found useful in the treatment of high blood pressure:
- The patient should eat food rich in vitamin B, vitamin E and magnesium.
- Take fat free diet. It is a must step to control high blood pressure.
- Also take salt free diet or 25% of the normal quantity.
- Shavasana is an effective natural remedy for high blood pressure. It must be performed for 10 minutes two or three times a day.
- The patient should avoid over-straining, worries, tension, anger and haste.