Following are some of the simple tips for head lice:
- Always keep your hair clean, use herbal shampoo for washing your hair.
- Do not use comb, towel and dress of those who are having head lice. Lice transmit very fast from one head to another through these substances.
- If you find hard to manage long hair, cut them regularly. Dirt, dust gives birth to these lice, so keep your hair short and tidy.
- Lice transfer from one head to another. Stay away from those with head lice.
- Never allow your scalp to dry, as this will lead to dandruff and head lice. Keep your scalp clean and apply coconut hair oil.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for head lice:
- Prepare a mixture by adding egg yolk, vinegar and lemon juice. Take egg yolk of 2 eggs and add 2-3 tablespoon of vinegar and equal amount of lemon juice into it. Mix it well and apply on the scalp. Allow it to dry for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. It is also a good home remedy for head lice.
- Lemon juice is an effective home remedy for treating head lice and dandruff. Take 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice and garlic paste each and mix them. Apply this mixture over the scalp and allow it to dry for 25-30 minutes. Wash your hair in cold water and rinse off the all dirt, dust, etc.
- Vinegar is also useful in removing head lice. Take 3-4 tablespoon of vinegar, add 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and garlic paste. Mix it well and apply it on the scalp. Allow it to dry for 2 hours and wash it off. Do this 3-4 times a month.
- Olive oil is also very useful in killing head lice. Apply olive oil on your hair and cover it with a plastic bag. Keep it overnight, later with the help of lice comb take out all the head lice. Repeat this after every 10 days. It is very easy and effective way to get rid of head lice.
- Almond is another useful home remedy for head lice. Soak 10-12 almonds in water and make its paste. Add 3-4 tablespoon of lemon juice in it. Apply this mixture over your scalp, and allow it to dry for 1-2 hours. Wash hair with cold water.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for head lice:
- Neem leaves are also very commonly used in killing head lice. Apply its paste on hair, allow it to dry and then wash it off. Do this at least twice a week.
- Basil leaves (tulsi) are also useful in removing head lice. Take 20-30 basal leaves and make its paste. Either use it alone or mix with equal quantity of margosa leaf paste. Apply over the scalp and allow it to dry for half an hour and then wash it off. Repeat this 2-3 times a week.