Following are some of the simple tips for hangover
- You should never drink on an empty stomach. Drink after or with some food. The food to be taken in accompaniment with alcohol must be fatty food. The fried food will stick to the inner lining of the gastrointestinal tract and retard the assimilation of alcohol in the blood stream.
- Water is also the natural therapy to fight against hangover. The major cause of hangover is dehydration so drink plenty of water before you drink alcohol. Also take 2-3 glass of water before going to bed.
- Citrus fruits are also useful in fighting hangovers. Take a glass of juice of a fresh orange or lemon and sweetened with sugar.
- Bananas are beneficial fruit in hangover. Kiwi fruits are also said to be taken in hangover.
- Caffeine and chocolate are also good to prevent hangover. After an alcoholic binge, eat a chocolate bar or drink a cup of coffee. This will help you regain your nerve impulses. Though, too much of coffee could eliminate the nutrients from the body further. It is advisable to take not more than one cup of coffee.
- The morning after the alcoholic binge, have a breakfast of omelettes with bread. Eggs provide energy to the body and build up the protein content and remove the accumulated toxins in the body. Take omelettes with toast so that the bread will also provide the requisite amount of starch.
- If there is constipation in the morning along with the hangover, then you may consume peppermint and chamomile tea to stop the constipation.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for hangover:
- Apples and bananas may also be taken to the cure of hangover. Take an apple in an empty stomach. This will give fast relief from the hangover. Similarly, mash 1-2 banana and mix in milk. Add a tablespoon of honey to it. This fruit shake is beneficial during hangover. It will relax the stomach and nerves and helps in regaining some essential minerals like potassium which is lost due to alcohol.
- Raw cabbage is also given in this problem. Chewing raw cabbage will give relief from headache caused due to hangover and disturbance in nerves. Cabbage juice taken with tomato juice is also beneficial as it reduces carve for taking alcohol. It helps in the metabolic process of assimilating alcohol in the stomach.
- Honey is also given in this problem. Give 3-4 teaspoon of honey after every one hour. The quantity, however, can be increased if the hangover is acute and severe. It is an effective home remedy for hangover. It also helps in the assimilation of alcohol reached inside the patient's body.
- Tomato juice or soup is very effective in curing hangover. The dehydration caused due to hangover can be compensated by taking freshly prepared tomato juice or soup. This will diminish carve for drinking more alcohol. Add freshly prepared lemon juice to it for good taste and fast relief.
- Prepare a lemon tea without sugar. This will detoxify the unwanted material inside the stomach. Assimilate alcohol and gives fast relief from hangover.
- You may also take fresh lemon juice prepared in cold water with little sugar. It helps in fast relief from hangover. This will control the sugar level in the blood after excess intake of alcohol.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for hangover:
- Peppermint is very helpful herb for the treatment of hangover. Patient suffering from this problem should be given 3-5 leaves of peppermint. This can also be given in form of tea by boiling 5-10 peppermint leaves in a glass of water.
- Chew 2-3 small pieces of ginger or take a cup of ginger tea. This will give fast relief from hangover by soothing the stomach and digestion of alcohol.