Losing a handful amount of hair on a daily basis can be very stressful in one's life, as its healthy and bouncy volume contributes a lot in the total appearance of the person, especially in women. A number of hair loss remedies are available which are tried for thousands of years giving satisfactory results, and a whole industry is devoted in its research to prevent this undesirable situation. Men mostly face the brunt of this condition that ultimately leads towards alopecia. Women too are not spared from this condition that results in abrupt thinning of the hair.
Hair constantly undergoes a rebuilding and elimination process and so losing 30-40 strands daily on an average is not abnormal. Hair grows from small pockets in the scalp called hair follicles. A soft out growth of this follicle known as papilla produces a protein substance called keratin from the amino acids which is composed of a dead layer of cells. These cells if not hydrated and nourished properly crumbles down initiating the hair loss.
Strands of hair coming out in volumes after combing or brushing and that continuing for a considerable period of time indicates hair loss conditions.
Among several causes, those mention worthy are -
1. Nutritional deficiency
2. Serious illness
3. Too much application of chemicals for styling
5. Certain medications
Of various remedies few which are handy and easy to follow are listed below -
1. The nutritional deficiency must be compensated by regular intake of green vegetables, cereals, grains, lentils, dairy products, eggs, meat which are rich in proteins and vitamins.
2. Applying a mixture of coconut oil, lime juice and lime water regularly helps in healthy growth of hair as well as prevents this condition.
3. Fresh juice of amaranth leaves applied on the scalp is an effective treatment.
4. Application of a tonic prepared by boiling Indian gooseberry powder in coconut oil is good for the health of the hair.
5. Application of a pack made of Indian gooseberry powder and 1 egg on the scalp is good in treating this problem. The pack should be kept for half an hour after application and then washed off.
6. Application of a mixture of Aloe Vera and Triphala herbal powder for 3-6 months is a very effective remedy for this problem.
7. Massaging almond oil in the scalp regularly improves the blood circulation and prevents hair loss.
8. Rinsing the hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea helps in its healthy growth.