Well grown lustrous hair forms an integral part of the beauty of the women and if this starts falling in good volumes, it is enough to raise anxieties. Hair loss is a common feature in the entire life cycle of human beings that demands a lot of care and attention for its bouncy growth. But, it should not be ignored that sudden hair loss may be the outcome of certain internal disorders in our system.
Hair grows from a number of small packets called follicles in our scalp. A soft under growth of the follicle known as papilla initiates the formation of a special protein called keratin from amino acids, which is nothing but a layer of dead cells that constitute ninety percent of a single strand of hair. These keratinous cells need sufficient hydration and nourishment to sustain the growth and longevity.
A number of causes can be listed for the hair loss, the most important ones being -
1. Deficiency in essential vitamins and nutrients
2. Hormonal fluctuations after pregnancy or menopause
3. Suffering from serious illness
4. Thyroid problems
5. Genetic factors
6. Certain drugs and prolonged medication
If the bathroom floor, comb, brush and the clothes worn show clusters of hair in large amounts, then one need to be cautious as these reflect the condition of hair loss.
Modes of treatment vary according to the cause and after long research; the natural treatments have given excellent results in treating this problem.
1. A high protein and vitamin rich diet including leafy greens, sprouts, cereals, fish, meat, low fat milk and dairy products are essential to maintain a healthy body that prevents hair loss.
2. Cleaning the scalp from dandruff and dirt by gently rubbing lime juice and keeping for 20 minutes before washing it off helps in curing this problem.
3. A good dose of calcium is also essential that is provided by figs, sesame seeds besides dairy products.
4. A tonic prepared from equal parts of lime and amla juice stimulates the follicles aiding in the growth of hair as well as preventing its fall.
5. Massaging the scalp with warm castor and almond oil once in a week also gives excellent results.
6. Applying a paste of henna leaves, curd, basil leaves, amla acts as good conditioners promoting the healthy growth of hair.
7. A paste of fenugreek seeds and water applied regularly on the scalp after oiling and leaving it for one hour before washing is effective in treating this problem.
8. Massaging the scalp with coconut oil and Aloe Vera gel and laving it for half an hour also helps in treating hair loss.