Hair loss is a common phenomenon which is observed more in men than in women. For women, it becomes a serious concern as a well grown shiny hair gives a new dimension to her beauty. A little amount of hair fall on regular basis is normal as there is a constant shedding and rebuilding process and proper attention must be given if this equilibrium gets disrupted due to any reason.
Hair growth occurs from a number of follicles in the scalp and the papilla present as an undergrowth in the base of the follicle contains a group of cells that turn the amino acids in to a special type pf protein called keratin, out of which the hair is made. This layer of keratin is nothing but a collection of dead cells that needs to be nourished properly for an everlasting beauty.
Excessive hair fall after combing, brushing or after shower are the symptoms of this problem. These result in the abrupt thinning of the hair. Men suffer most from this condition than women.
1. Suffering from any serious or chronic illness
2. Deficiency of vital nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B
3. Prolonged use of some medicines
4. After the delivery of child
5. Improper washing of scalp
6. Tension and stress
7. Humidity and seasonal changes
8. Genetic factors
The following simple natural remedies have been proved to be very useful in preventing and treating hair loss.
1. A protein rich diet containing meat, fish and dairy products must be taken regularly.
2. Leafy greens are good source of vitamins and essential minerals that helps a lot in treating this problem.
3. Massaging the scalp with aromatic oils improves the blood circulation and stimulates hair growth.
4. A mixture of amla, shikakai and curd acts as a good conditioner must be applied once in a week.
5. Application of a mixture of curd, lemon and mustard oil on the head and washing it after half an hour also gives good results.
6. Application of lemon juice and vinegar is also beneficial in treating this problem.
7. A mixture of ground fenugreek seeds and water if applied on the head and left for 40 minutes before washing it off promotes the growth of hair, but the process should be continued at least for a month.
8. Massaging the scalp with Aloe Vera or coconut milk and kept for 30 minutes before washing prevents the hair loss.
9. Fresh juice of Amaranth helps in the growth of the hair thus preventing hair loss.