Hair loss, the common feature which appears time and again in different phases of life is stress provoking that destroys the mental peace in both men and women. Men dread of bald patches and alopecia, while for women it is heartbreaking to find entangled hair clusters coming out in volumes. Shiny and healthy hair is an important part of feminine beauty, which derives the maximum care and attention simply based on cosmetic purpose.
Proper circulation of blood in the hair follicles scattered over the scalp helps the cells in papilla to build up special protein substance called keratin from amino acids. Most of the hair strands are constituted of this keratin which is nothing but a layer of dead cells. Constant shedding and rebuilding of keratin takes place and so proper nourishment and hydration is required to maintain these keratin layers for a longer time.
Hair loss can be the outcome of many factors like -
1. Deficiency of vitamins and essential nutrients
3. Genetic factors
4. Serious and chronic illness
5. Dandruff or collection of dirt on the scalp
6. Prolonged medication
Falling of hair in volumes daily resulting in the abrupt decrease in volume is the symptom of this condition.
Researches have proved the efficiency of herbs in treating the hair loss problem that cover a wide range of treatments starting from the commonly grown garden herbs to the special variety of Ayurvedic and Chinese herbs.
1. Applying Aloe Vera directly helps in improving blood circulation and reducing this problem. It also fights Alopecia.
2. Neem, Basil, Henna and Hibiscus are commonly growing garden herbs. Application of the paste of these herbs helps in the growth of hair and prevents the loss.
3. The oil from Arnica flowers has anti inflammatory properties that prevent dandruff, infections and helps in treating this condition.
4. Massaging the scalp with herbs like horsetail, stinging nettle, rosemary improves the blood circulation.
5. The oil obtained from birch also helps in the growth of hair.
6. Chamomile herb functions in revitalizing the scalp and removes the dandruff. It minimizes the damaging effects on the hair by treating internal disorders.
7. Tea made from equal proportions of Jatamamsi and Brahmi are good stress relievers which help in reducing the problem.
8. Catmint herb is useful in reducing the itchiness of the scalp.
9. Burdock herb is a good detoxifier. The oil from its roots is rich in essential fatty acids and phytosterols that help in maintaining a healthy scalp.
Besides these, some Chinese herbs like Psoralea seeds, Mulberries, Oyster are also used in treating hair loss problems.