It is very disturbing to see a handful of hair coming out daily while combing or brushing. Though hair doesn't contribute anything in the body functions and it is nothing more than a cosmetic concern, still the lustrous and bouncy crowning glory is a long cherished desire for many women, without which the feminine beauty remains incomplete.
Hair is formed from the follicles in the scalp. The base of the follicle known as papilla, leads to its growth with a group of cells converting the amino acids into keratins. Keratins are dead cell layers or the building blocks, which are responsible for the hair growth that occurs at a faster rate in women. Anything that disturbs this keratin formation results in hair loss.
The various probable causes may be listed as -
1. Deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals in the body like Vitamin B or Iron.
2. Stress, tension and strain.
3. Suffering from any serious or chronic illness like typhoid, anemia etc.
4. Prolonged medication
5. Unclean scalp conditions
This condition can be characterized as falling of hair daily in huge amounts after combing and a drastic reduction in its volume.
Herbal remedies are much more effective and go a long way in treating hair loss than other chemical rich shampoos and oils that may damage the scalp.
1. Rinsing the hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea aids in its growth, and a final rinse with herbal infusions like chamomile and catmint reduces the itching which is a causative factor for this condition.
2. Regular massaging the scalp with tinctures of stinging nettle, rosemary, horsetail and birch improves blood circulation and stimulates the hair growth.
3. The herbs like aloe, nettle, water cress are effective in blood purification. Drinking 1 teaspoon of a mixture of the above herbs in a glass of water cleans the blood and improves the condition.
4. Massaging the scalp with the infusion of Arnica, southernwood and marigold is also helpful in treating hair loss.
5. Tea made by mixing equal proportions of Jatamamsi and Brahmi in a cup of hot water is a good stress reliever. Drinking this tea 2-3 times daily is a good remedy for this problem.
6. Using a shampoo of the infusion of Horsetail (which is rich in silica) mixed with any baby shampoo helps in strengthening of the hair giving a shiny look.
7. Applying a paste of henna and Amla on the scalp in generous amounts and rinsing it off after drying reduces hair loss and aids in its growth.