Following are some of the simple tips to prevent gout:
- Patient suffering from the gout should be given celery, strawberries, blueberries and cherries as they can lower the content of uric acid.
- Eat healthy and balance diet, go for walk and exercise regularly.
- Live a healthy and stress free life. It will not only prevent gout but many other ailments.
- Diet high in purines such as sea foods, especially shell fish, scallops, prawns, crabs, sardines, anchovies, offal meats such as livers, hearts and kidneys, coffee and cocoa must be avoided since excessive purines can lead to gout.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for gout:
- Include fruits like apples, banana, grapes, etc in your diet. Patient suffering from gout should eat at least 3-4 apples a day. Grapes too are very useful in gout as it clears off the toxic acid present along with uric acid.
- Banana is very useful fruit for patient suffering from gout. Patient should be given 6-8 bananas a day. If a patient can survive on banana-diet at least for 2-4 days then it will very effective in curing gout.
- Cabbage is also used for treating gout. Take two-three cabbage leaves and boil it in water till it become soft. Drain water from the cabbage and wrap it in a perforated cloth. Cover the infected area with this. Keep it for few hours; repeat this process 2-4 times a day. This will be very effective in gout pain relief.
- Prepare a massage ointment by mixing vinegar and rose petals. Take 3-4 tablespoons of vinegar and add 8-9 rose petals. Boil the mixture such that both of the constituent mix completely. Gently rub this mixture to the affected area.
- You can also prepare an ointment by mixing 60 ml of vinegar and water each. Allow it to boil, later add 1-2 teaspoon of black pepper. Cool it and then gently massage over the affected area. This will give fast relief from joint pains.
- Honey is also used in the treatment of gout. Take 3-4 teaspoon of apple extract vinegar and honey each. Add these into a glass of water. Stir well and take this 3-4 times a day.
- Cherries are useful in curing gout. Patient suffering from gout should consume 10-20 cherries a day. It is very effective home remedy for gout.
- Patient diet should contain green leafy vegetables. Carrot, beet, cucumber, beans are some of the useful vegetables for the treatment of gout.
- Vegetable juices of carrot, beet, or french beans are also very beneficial in gout. Mix all these vegetables and prepare a mixed vegetable juice, which also is very helpful in treating gout.
- Patient suffering from gout may also soak the foot in a mixture of half cup of apple cider vinegar and three cups of hot water.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for gout:
- Garlic is very useful herbal remedy for treating gout. Patient suffering from gout should be given at least 3-4 raw garlic seeds a day.