Following are some of the simple tips to prevent diaper rash:
- Mother's milk is essential for the baby to get all the necessary minerals and vitamins required in the body. It helps to fight against infections. It will reduce the bacterial infection and skin rashes problem.
- Always wash the baby nappies using perfume free and bacteria fighting soaps. It is very useful in preventing diaper rash.
- Do not wash your child's buttocks with harmful chemical based detergents and shampoos.
- Always use fresh warm water for cleaning and allow the skin to dry completely.
- Always keep the baby's diaper clean, moist free, and dry.
- Let your child wear the loose, elastic-free diapers as the baby's skin is too soft for bearing skin fitted diapers and cloths. Try to keep it loose and ventilating.
- Use the best quality, good absorbing diaper as this can prevent the chances of diaper rash.
- Do not let your child wear diapers all the time. Allow the fresh air to come and dry the child's skin by.
- Keep your baby's skin dry and germ free. Using mild baby powder are good options.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diaper rash:
- Using vinegar is a common home remedy for diaper rash. Add vinegar to the water and rinse the diapers in it. It is simple and effective too.
- You can also try this simple remedy for diaper rash. Put some oatmeal in the bathing water of the baby. Keep the bottom of the baby in this water for sometime.
- Another popular home remedy for diaper rash is baking soda. Add some baking soda to the bath water of the baby. Soak the bottom of the baby in water for some time.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for diaper rash:
- Aloe vera is a very useful herb with many curative properties. You can give your baby a warm water bath followed by applying pure aloe vera gel. It is good in treating diaper rash.
- Mix two drops each of essential oils of sandalwood, peppermint, and lavender in 4 tablespoons of a carrier lotion or oil such as sweet almond oil. Gently apply the lotion to the rashes. It is very useful natural remedy for diaper dash.