Following are some of the simple tips to prevent constipation:
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. It is very important to keep the intestines working well. Keep the water overnight in a copper vessel and drink it when you wake up in the morning.
- Avoid dry foods. Your food must contain adequate amounts of oil or ghee in it.
- Put a teaspoon of ghee in a glassful of warm milk. Drink it when going to bed. It is very helpful in relieving from constipation.
- Go for morning walk by having 2-3 glasses of warm water. This will prevent constipation and clear bowel movements.
- Do not take rice when suffering from constipation. Take wheat instead.
- Include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet. Papaya and sugarcane are especially beneficial. Tomato and beetroot salads are also very useful in constipation relief.
- Do not eat foods that are difficult to digest like beans, legumes, grams, cabbages and mushrooms.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for constipation:
- Apples are very beneficial in treating constipation. Eat two apples every morning. Bite them with the teeth instead of using a knife to cut them into slices.
- The simplest home remedy for constipation is to drink a glass of lemon juice in water with a pinch of salt in it. This will treat any kind of constipation you are suffering from.
- Papaya and guava are also useful in treating constipation. Regular intake of papaya at early morning in an empty stomach prevents constipation. Fruit salad containing guava and papaya can be taken anytime of the day. It provides good roughage and clears your bowel system and prevents constipation.
- You can also take warm lime water early in the morning. It prevents constipation and keeps the body and mind fresh.
- Grapes have laxative properties and prevent chronic constipation. Dry grapes are helpful in preventing constipation. Soak dry grapes in a vessel overnight and take this at early morning in an empty stomach.
- Another common remedy for constipation is flax seeds. They have laxative properties. Add one tablespoon of flaxseed in a glass of water and allow it to rest for 2-3 hours. At night before sleep drink this flaxseed water. You will have a clear bowel the next day.
- Take 2-3 seeds each of sunflower, almonds, sesame and linseed or flax seeds. Grind it and make a thin powder. Eat this herbal powder (1 tablespoon) for a week either with fruit juice or salads. It will give natural relief from constipation.
- Oranges are also beneficial for colons and prevents constipation. Take orange juice at anytime of the day. It will clean your bowel system and refreshes you.
- Spinach (palak) taken in raw or cooked form is very beneficial in clearing bowel system, digestive tracks, and many other diseases. Raw juice of spinach prevents and cures even the chronic constipation.
- Figs are very useful home remedy for constipation. Soak dry figs in the water and keep it overnight then take this early in the morning. It prevents constipation.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for constipation:
- Bael fruit is an effective laxative. For best result you can use ripe bael. Prepare its juice with water and little sugar. Take this juice for 2-3 months. This will dissolve the wastes of the intestines and flush them out of the body.
- Cassia is an effective laxative in the treatment of constipation. The pulp of the ripe fruit of the cassia tree is used for this purpose. It has no side effects even when taken by children and pregnant women.
- Castor oil is also effective as a purgative. It is natural with no side effects. It has good results in constipation cure.
- Another important remedy for constipation is chebulic myroblan. It is a mild laxative. Its pulp is taken with rock salt, or flavored with cloves and cinnamon. Regular use of this decoction relieves the person suffering from constipation.
- Another effective herbal remedy for constipation is phyllium husk (isabgol). Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of phyllium husk. Drink this early in the morning in an empty stomach. It prevents constipation.
- Termnalia chebula (haritaki) improves digestive tracts, normalize the functioning of colon. It prevents constipation, detoxifies liver, improves digestion, and blood circulations.