Following are some of the effective home remedies to lower cholesterol:
- Boil a piece of garlic in a glassful of milk. Drink it. This will reduce the cholesterol and take care of cardiac pains. Continue this for few days before the method begins to show its effects.
- You can also drink coriander in water everyday. It will help in the reduction of cholesterol in the body. This regime must be continued for about a month. Then the cholesterol levels must be checked again.
- Take 10-12 tablespoons of apple juice, add equal amount of (5-6 tablespoons) vinegar extracted from apple and grape juice into it. This health drink is very effective in reducing high cholesterol and purifies blood.
- Another useful remedy for lowering cholesterol is sunflower seed. It contains useful chemicals like linoleic acid. This acid helps in decreasing the level of cholesterol around the blood capillaries and helps in normal blood circulation in the body. People are still using saturated fats, butter, etc., for cooking food. These unhealthy oils should strictly be replaced from sunflower oil.
- Mix a small amount of olive oil in green leafy salads. Olive oil is very good for heart and proper functioning of the body system. It is very effective in reducing the high level of cholesterol.
- Raw onion and juice extracted from it are very effective in reducing high cholesterol level. Onion juice helps in blood purification, helps in blood circulation, regulate proper functioning of heart.
- Eat green leafy vegetable, fiber rich food. Fibers play significant role in lowering cholesterol level and also reduces the high blood pressure level.
- Take bran cereals or corn flakes with milk in breakfast. These corn flakes are good source of energy and helps in lowering excess cholesterol level.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for lowering cholesterol:
- Garlic is very effective in cholesterol problems. Eating 2-3 cloves of garlic a day helps to reduce or even completely eliminate the harmful cholesterol in the blood. It can disintegrate the blood cholesterol and hence free up the arteries.
- Guggul is a traditional Indian herb that has become very popular in the treatment of cholesterol-related heart problems. It contains guggulsterones that have been proven to reduce the levels of cholesterol on regular use. 25 mg of these guggulsterones are prescribed for intake thrice a day.
- Holy basil is also very useful herb for cholesterol. It has the capacity to dissolve the accumulated cholesterol from the arteries into the person's bloodstream. From here they are eliminated by the kidneys.
- Alfalfa is used in treating problems of the arteries. It helps in clearing arteries congested with cholesterol.
- Terminalia arjuna is also effective in heart related problems such as heart attacks. The bark of the arjuna when taken in powder form has beneficial properties. This can dissolve the cholesterol that accumulates in the coronary artery and reduce the possibility of heart attacks.