Baldness is a condition in which a person experiences excessive hair loss from his scalp. In this, there is a partial or complete loss of hair on the scalp. In baldness the rate at which hair falls is much greater than the rate at which it grows. It is more common among men as compared to women. Falling hair is considered to be a severe problem in people of all ages.
Following are the major baldness causes:
- Prolong illness
- Irregular periods
- Unclean scalp
- Weak hair roots
- Blocking of the pores with collected dirt
- Stress such as worry and anxiety
- Sudden shock
- Post pregnancy effect
- Lack of estrogen level
- Bacterial attack on the scalp
- Excess intake of vitamins
- Hormonal and genetics disorder
Symptoms of Baldness
Following are the major baldness symptoms:
- Excess hair loss
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent baldness:
- Take a balanced diet rich in protein, green vegetables, cereals, fruits like mango, carrots, milk products like milk, curd, etc.
- Also include eggs, meat, fish, ghee, butter and milk in your diet. These will help in the healthy growth and development of hairs.
- Always keep your hairs and roots clean. Use medicated shampoo to avoid any bacterial or fungal attacks.
- You can also prepare a soup of alfalfa, lettuce and carrot. This juice contains all the essential elements that are required for the proper growth and maintenance of hair.
- Another useful natural cure for baldness is scalp massage with some herbal oil. Massaging scalp helps in blood circulation. Sometimes after a long day work, or due to prolong illness, baldness, etc. blood circulation does not flow in its natural flow. By massaging with hands in a circular way blood start flowing to its normal.
- You can also use almond oil for massaging your scalp. Just apply it over the scalp area and massage gently for at least 2 times a week. Almond oil can also be mixed with castor oil. It works wonderful in preventing hair loss.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for baldness:
- Mix 2 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this paste over the effected area. Allow it to stand for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Mix onion juice with honey and apply it on the effected area. It has shown some good results in hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- One of the very commonly used remedy for hair loss is curd with camphor. It plays an important role in improving hair growth over the bald scalp. Take curd and camphor, in equal quantity (3-5 tablespoon) and mix it well and keep it aside for some time. Apply this paste over the effected scalp, and let it dry for 3-4 hours. Wash the scalp with warm water.
- Another useful hair loss remedy is honey. It plays a vital role in the treatment of baldness. Mix honey and egg yolk and cover the entire effected scalp with it. Allow it to stand for 1-2 hours and wash the scalp.
- Fenugreek seeds are also used in treating baldness. Soak 12-15 fenugreek seeds in 1 liter of water overnight. Preserve the extracted oil and apply it gently over the scalp. This oil can be used 1-2 times a day. It is very effective in hair growth and will show its result after 1-2 months.
- You can also prepare a homemade shampoo by adding amla powder with egg and fenugreek seeds. It is very effective remedy for shinny hair and prevents hair loss.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two pieces, and rub it over the effected area. Do this regularly for 2-3 months. It has shown some good results in hair growth.
- Another very effective natural remedy for baldness is massage oil extracted from dry mango. It works superb over the bald scalp. Take mango pulp and mix in mustard or coconut oil. Allow it to stand for months, until the mango extract is completely mixed in oil. Apply this over the bald scalp, and massage thoroughly and gently. This will show results after 1-2 month.
- Prepare a mixture by boiling 200 grams of amla, shikakai and reetha in 2-3 liter of water. Boil the mixture until it water reduces to half. Allow it to stand and apply it over hair. Let this mixture dry over the scalp for around 3 hours and wash it off with warm water. This shampoo can be used for 2-3 months. It is very effective in hair growth.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for baldness:
- One of the important herbal remedy for baldness is alfalfa. It helps in strengthening the roots of the hair. It not only stops hair fall but also grows the hair longer.
- Fenugreek seeds have been found beneficial in the eradication of dandruff which causes hair loss. It is an effective remedy to stop hair loss and prevent baldness.
- Another useful remedy for baldness is ash gourd. It helps to combat against dandruff and removes excessive dryness of the scalp so that it becomes moist enough for the proper growth of hair.
- Curry leaves also help in nourishing the hair at the roots. It also work on the pigments that give the hair its color, its use can prevent the premature graying of the hair.
- Massage your scalp with Bhringaraja oil which is available in Maha Bhringaraja and Nilibhringadi. Applying these oils on the scalp and hair an hour before a daily bath is very beneficial in treating baldness.