Arthritis is an inflammatory disorder that affects joints and other body parts. Patient with arthritis suffers pain in joints and find difficulties in movements. It causes joint inflammations, weak immune system, and swelling in joints and other body parts. It also damage body tissues, affects joint's shape and its movement, and results in joint pain.
There are various types of arthritis but below are some common types of arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Juvenile arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the bone joints. It badly impacts wrists, toes, knees joints. Some of its common symptoms are fever and loss of appetite. If not treated timely may damage to eyes, lungs, heart, and other body parts.
If the patient is suffering from joint pain, he should take rest for one or two hours in a day. But he should avoid lying in the bed for long as it may aggravate the symptoms. Exercises are recommended as it will help to prevent the stiffness of muscles.
Osteoarthritis is a chronic form of arthritis that may involve any joint but mainly occurs in large joints such as fingers. It generally occurs in women after menopause, but it may occur in young age also. In osteoarthritis the cartilage of the joints is damaged and the bone surfaces become rough and enlarged. It begins slowly and with some pain in the joints.
Following are the major arthritis causes:
- Hereditary factors
- Over weight
- Physical stress on joints
- Aging and hormonal changes in the body
- Metabolic and nervous tissue problems
- Old physical damage caused due to accident or fracture
- Improper dietary habits
- Less or over use of joints
- Improper postural habits
- Exposed to cold conditions and environment
Following are the major arthritis symptoms:
- Continuous joint pains while walking or cycling
- Swelling and stiffness in affected area
- Redness of joint
- Joint movement is restricted
- Joint pain in morning
- Long fever
- Popping joints
- Inflammation on affected area
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent arthritis:
- Take diet rich in proteins, minerals, vitamins
- Drink water in copper glasses
- Avoid junk foods
- Eat fibrous fruits, green vegetables, raw vegetable juices and sprouts
- Ginger juice is also very effective in arthritis pain relief
- Drink raw potato juice. It is an effective natural way to get relief from pain
- Maintain a proper balance between your work and rest
- Include fish in your diet as it contains omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for arthritis patients
- Do regular physical activities without stressing out the body
- Avoid excess use of stairs
- Avoid improper postural habits
Following are some of the effective home remedies for arthritis:
- Prepare garlic paste and apply it on the affected area. It is an effective home remedy for arthritis
- Eat 2-3 garlic slices to get relief from joint pains
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoon of lemon juice in warm water and drink it every morning. It is an effective home remedy for arthritis pain
- Add 2 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in warm water and drink this mixture each day in the morning.
- Drink warm water containing 1 teaspoon of turmeric every day. It will relieve arthritis pain.
- Alfalfa tea is another effective home remedy for arthritis
- Rub sandalwood paste or hot vinegar on affected area. It will help in getting relief from joint pain
- Eat coconut and walnut. It will make your bones stronger
- Eat fruits rich in Vitamin C as it is an effective natural cure for rheumatoid arthritis
- Drinking 15 grams of fresh bathu juice daily with an empty stomach without adding any salt or sugar. It will help in reducing the symptoms of arthritis.
- Take a cup of papaya seed tea 6-7 times daily for two or three weeks. It will give relief from joint pains
- Avoid sugar, white flour, macaroni, pie, cake, and sweet drinks from diet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cod liver oil to the juice of 1 orange, and drink it before going to bed. It will relieve your arthritis pain
- Take half teaspoon of guggul twice a day after meals with warm water. It is very helpful in curing arthritis.
- Massage the affected joint area with herbal oil slowly and gently. It will help in the movement of joint and also relieve pain
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for arthritis:
- Boswellia serrata also known as shallaki improves blood circulation and relieves joint pain and swelling
- Take 5 grams of Ashwagandha powder twice a day with lukewarm water
- Guduchi juice is also beneficial in relieving joint pain
- Take bath with Epsom salt warm water. It will relieve joint pains, strengthen bones, and improves blood circulations
- Some common herbs used in arthritis are Saunth (dried ginger), guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), rasna, errand (ricinus communis), shallaki (boswellia serrata) and guggulu (commiphora mukul)