The term Andropause found its place in medical literature in the1940's. Therefore it is not so new a concept. Doctors have noticed certain symptoms and changes in males who are in their mid 40's or 50's, and have named this transitional syndrome as andropause. It is a sign of aging and comes naturally. It is an endocrine imbalance, a phenomenon similar to the female menopause. However in females, the transition is marked by the pause or cessation of menstruation.
In males, a marked decline in testosterone levels and human growth hormones occurs, generating mood changes, fatigue, reduced drive, virility. However in males the signs of transition may not be that evident, and may occur in a very gradual and expansive manner. The symptoms of andropause or male menopause may be triggered by psychological stress, obesity, smoking, alcohol, injuries, and surgery. Lowering of testosterone levels may make the males prone to ailments like heart diseases, weakness of bones etc. The symptoms may be quite severe at times. HRT or hormone replacement therapy can relieve aged males of andropause symptoms.
1. Loss of libido and potency
4. Impaired memory
5. Lack of concentration
8. Thinning of hair
10. Hot flushes
11. Improper metabolism
12. Decreased bone density
13. Weight gain
14. Muscle loss
16. Night sweats
1. Free hand exercise and balanced diet would definitely help in reducing weight and improve metabolism.
2. Provacyl, a supplement containing large amounts of ginseng, ginko biloba can be used as stimulant enabling the male to function better physically. It is taken as an effective andropause natural treatment by males.
3. Zinc rich food like oysters, nuts, seeds, Brewer's yeast can improve orgasmic function in male.
4. Alcohol intake should be reduced because drinking may raise the level of di-hydro-testosterone, leading to erectile dysfunction and prostate problems.
5. Another effective andropause natural treatment is the herb tribulus terrestris. It tackles the problem of virility.
6. Palmetto helps in maintaining healthy prostate functioning.
7. Junk, fried food should be strictly avoided.
8. Folic acid, vitamin D, B12, Omega3 rich diet like walnut, flaxseed, beef, eggs, salmon, and milk should be taken.
9. Maca Active supplements can check virility in aged males.
10. Tribulus tincture is an excellent hormone regulator, and can tackle the problem of the loss of libido.
11. Kava kava root extracts can relieve stress.
12. Nettle, saw palmetto, avena sativa are other natural remedies that can tackle andropause symptoms.
13. Ashwagandha supplements improve erectile functioning.